When will SMART tickets actually be SMART?

I use a SMART Card, which I like. However it isn't SMART. Not even slightly clever.

The problem is:

• It's almost impossible to get a ticket on them. By phone it seems to take two hours to reach a ticket gate.
  • I can't specify which gate I need to pick the ticket up from.
  • Why do I need to specify  gate to pick it up from ?!
  • It never tells me when it is about to expire, so I inevitably find out the hard way at Waterloo

Can we please have some upgrades? I can transfer £1000 from my bank account to someone else's instantly, why does it take 2 hours for you to send a piece of digital information from one place to another?

At least tell us when the season is about to expire. Alternatively, switch to using contactless, and create an app to track expenditure / discounts / repayments.

• I believe SWR are loooking at adding the functionality to buy one day tickets on the smart card, purchased from the app or website.

For me that would be a huge benefit, to be able to buy a one day ticket on the app and its added to the smart card. SWRbhave also introduced continuous authority (aka auto renew) on their monthly season tickets which, if you keep renewing for 12 months, the 12th month is free (taking into account holidays etc).

I agree with telling us when a ticket is about to expire, for example an email reminder could be sent out to the email address linked to the smart card.