DAILY SMART CARD TICKETS ONLINE

Come on South Western Railway. Its nearly a year since you took over the franchise and i still cannot purchase a daily smartcard ticket online. I used to be able to purchase online smart tickets with the South West Trains app.

You keep telling people it will be soon since you took over. This forum keeps getting answers to say we will ask the relevant department and let you know. (not interested YOU are the company i am asking)

I know you can download daily tickets if you buy them at the machines, but i still queue for them so its a wasr of time, it is 2018.

Any ideas on time frame to resolve this? Or is this just some words on your web site that make you look good (until you try and use it)?
Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • Hi Stu,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

We are currently unable to offer daily tickets purchased online to be loaded on to the smart cards because of the acceptance of ‘London Terminals’ tickets that are valid for use from Waterloo onwards to Waterloo East, London Bridge, Charing Cross and London Blackfriars. Currently, the data in the gate lines at these stations do not always allow an SWR Smartcard to be accepted. As these gates fall under the ownership of the relevant train operators we are having to work with these operators to get the data updated to allow our smartcards to be accepted. Currently, the target for this to be completed is 18 December 2018.

If we are able to bring this forward, we will do. However, at this stage, I can’t be sure if this will be possible.

Kind Regards,

Joseph B

Reply Children
No Data