Would mobile ticketing facilitate "ticket bundles"?

As mobile ticketing is rolled out, would the concept of "ticket bundles" be considered?

e.g. 20 return tickets valid at peak times Monday to Friday, between A and B, that would need to be used within a 6 month period.

As an occasional commuter (when I don't want to use my bicycle due to inclement weather), such a feature would be a very appealing concept.

Depending upon the size of the bundle certain reductions could be offered. South Western Trains would (as per season tickets) get a decent lump sum up front, and benefit from people not always completely using up their allocation of tickets within the allotted time period.

• Hello,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately I'm unsure if this idea would be considered when mobile ticketing is introduced, but we are introducing "Carnet" for Smartcard users. This will be available online from the end of August 2018 and offers a 5% discount when you buy a batch of 10 Anytime Day Return tickets for the same journey. They'll be valid on Smartcard enabled routes on the SWR network and to/from stations in London Zones 1-6 and valid for use on any day you choose over two months from the date of purchase.

Hope this helps.

• Dear Jenna Morris:

In your answer, you wrote: "'I´m unsure if this idea would be considered when mobile ticketing is introduced". But why is that? Using bundles for public transport is used in several cities in the Western world, with great success. I've personally used them and in fact, I think is the most flexible way to address the issue.