Has anyone worked out how to claim for a season ticket refund?

I have been going round and round South western railway website and cannot find the right online form. Must be thousands looking to apply ...

• found the answer via south western railway twitter help which was really responsive! Many thanks.

For our Touch/Smartcard tickets please email smartcards@swrailway.com with your contact details, smartcard and photocard numbers, along with the date of surrender & reason for requesting a refund. Please note they are very busy but will reply asap

• from what i can tell, you have to go through the normal season ticket refund process so you get the calculated remaining value based on paying for 10 months and 12 days over a 12 month period. this means giving up the whole remaining time on your current ticket

so this means when we are able to go back to 'business as usual' a new ticket would have to be purchased at this years rate even if you would have had time remaining on last years.

when the government announced that commuters would get refunds a lot of people, myself included, assumed this would mean there would be pro rataed refunds based on the amount of time we are told not to use the trains. it seems more like the government will be underwriting the cost of refunds for the rail franchises but the refund process is not being changed to make any allowances for the situation

i guess the only hope is that this changes over time 

• Anyone heard yet what about paper season ticket refunds?  Website still says take ticket to station ticket office to get refund paid back but these are unmanned now; sent email to customer services two days ago now waiting reply.  Not happy that this being delayed as each day delay means SWR get to refund me less money, also told them I would not want to post season ticket to their head office (as their website suggests) by recorded delivery as season ticket cost me over £3,000 and postal insurance would not cover that.  

• Can SWR please confirm how season ticket holders not allowed to travel because of Covid-19 restrictions get a refund on a season ticket via phone or on-line, and therefore get their refund as promised by the government.  Are SWR going to back date refunds to 23 March when you closed most ticket offices and closed your call centre, making it impossible to apply for a refund?    Many thanks.