Claiming is simple:
- You can claim online and once you’ve registered we will remember you, your preferred compensation method and your season ticket details (if you have one) , so if you do claim again, it’s much quicker.
- Download a form from this page and apply by post
- Collect a Delay Repay form from our stations and apply by post.
If you have never made a claim online before, you will need to register.
Having the information below to hand will make the process effortless and ensure you get the right amount of compensation.
We’ll need a few of the details from your paper ticket, eTicket or Touch Smartcard:
- A scan, photo or screenshot of your ticket including the barcode if travelling by eTicket.
- A scan of your Photocard (if a season ticket holder).
- eTicket receipt or booking confirmation, displaying your booking reference, journey details and price paid.
- Touch Smartcard number and the receipt or booking confirmation (remember you can sign up for Automated Delay Repay).
- A journey statement/receipt if you are an Oyster or contactless user, available from the TfL website.
- If you no longer have your ticket a receipt with your journey details, including price paid.
Remember, if you don’t have a scanner you can use your built-in phone or tablet camera to take a photo of your ticket or photocard. You can then make a claim for Delay Repay compensation straight from your smart device. Alternatively attach the photo to an email and send it to yourself. You should then be able to save the image to your computer.
Your journey information
You’ll have to tell us where you were travelling from and to and the time of your journey.
You can choose to be repaid by:
- Electronic bank transfer (BACS)
- Credit or debit card
- National Rail Vouchers (which can be used as payment or part payment towards any National Rail ticket, including season tickets).
- Donate your compensation to our chosen charity, Action for Children.
Our Delay Repay website is the most secure way for us to receive your payment details.
Remember if you apply by post you can only receive compensation in the form of National Rail Vouchers or a cheque.
We will process your claim within 20 days and pay your compensation back to you by your chosen method.